Nine years

Thank you, mother in law, for reminding me that I married your son 9 years ago.  I forgot.  So did he.

I married your son without really knowing him.  Sure, I’d spend a few days with him or so, but I didn’t know what kind of toothpaste he liked, or even if he brushed his teeth.  I wasn’t sure if he liked cats and I certainly didn’t know his preferred shaving cream. I kinda gambled a bit, played the lottery, you could say.

We’ve had a few experiences since then, I suppose.  We’ve had nine years full of time to get to know each other.  We’ve run till our knees were wrecked.  Driven till our truck could truck no more and our RV went on strike.  We’ve moved more than I’ve moved in my whole life before him.  And we’ve both experienced complete shifts in thinking on a spiritual and mental level.  

We’ve visited each other in the hospital at our very weakest.  We’ve pulled each other ahead to reach our toughest goals.  We’ve shared 3 children that teach us daily where our weaknesses are.  

I can honestly say that today, nine years in, we are the best we’ve been.  

With him, we are better today than we were yesterday.  

And I have full confidence that with some steps backwards but more steps forward, we will be even stronger tomorrow.  


So thank you, mother in law, for reminding me that today is actually a pretty great day.  I’m glad I married your son.  

Comments

  1. You're amazing Terri Lynn! That Chris is still full of amazing goals and thoughts. You know him better than I do but he's shared with me how lucky he is to be with you. Congratulations to you both! Yes, you've both changed and will continue to do so. So is life. I'm so proud of you both. I just love those children too. ~ Mom/Gramma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts